PIPE Gateway family
- UNIVERSAL WIRED WATER METERS
- LTE-NB (NB-IoT) COMMUNICATIONS
- CONFIGURABLE DATA SENDING
- RS-485 PORT
- INTEGRATED WATER PRESSURE SENSOR
PIPE GATEWAY FAMILY for wired MBUS /UNE water meters uses an NB-IoT communications module to offer remote smart metering. By using both NB-IoT technology and an optimized hardware design, efficient communications and minimum power consumption is achieved, leading to an extra long battery life of up to 10 years. Operation is feasible either by direct connection to a private server (M2M solution) or by connecting through the middleware (IoT solution). Both, BUS reading period and NB-IoT sending period are fully configurable on demand. The gateway includes Datalogger capabilities with a capacity of more than one year of stored readings.
The main technical features of the device
- LTE-NB (NB-IoT) Communications.
- Internal LTE Antenna.
- Compatible with industry standard meters: Pulses, UNE-82326:2010, EN 1434-3 wired M-BUS and MODBUS RS-485.
- Integrated pressure sensor.
- Both, BUS reading period and NB-IoT sending period are fully conﬁgurable on demand.
- Datalogger with extended memory 35.000 readings.
- NB-IoT technology offers excellent coverage in interiors, basements and manholes.
- Hinged quick-release catch technology without screws: open with a screwdriver, close by hand.
- Protection rating IP68.
- Impact rating IK07.
Many Municipalities have to deal with water losses in their network, which can routinely be as large as 30% of sourced drinking water, often caused by equipment deficiencies. To manage the valuable resource most efficiently in a modern, dynamic city, our customers can fully digitize their water networks.
Diocean offers an easily integratable water management solution that will keep track of all nodes, pumps, the pressure in the pipes and the consumption within the network, all available to the client in real-time. In order to achieve this, we use gateways with state of the art technology, NB-IoT. This allows us to transmit the requested data from the most difficult areas. This has proven highly effective in testing in practice, with our transmission success rate being an incredible 99.8%.